Term 3 began early for our Year 5 and 6 music students who attended Music Camp 2016 at Ern Halliday rec centre. Run completely by parent volunteers, ‘Music Camp’ is a wonderful time for instrumental and ensemble consolidation, peer camaraderie and personal growth. This year, camp consisted of 88 students from Mount Hawthorn Primary School and the surrounding primary schools of Kyilla, Jollimont, Maylands Penninsula and West Leederville.
Apart from playing hours and hours of music (a mere feat for many!), the kids had the fantastic opportunity of trying their hand at archery and either caving (known as ’shplonking’) or the ‘Big Swing’. The Ern Halliday crew were very professional and took great care of our kids, supporting and encouraging them to push themselves beyond their comfort zones and helping them to gain their personal best and valuable team building skills.
Our heartfelt thanks goes to Barbara Symington, band leader Dale Pointon, camp director Caz Shurmer and all the SIM teachers who gave their time and energy during the two day camp. The kids sounded fabulous in their final performance and WOWed all the parents. All the students should be commended for their hard work during sectional and ensemble practise, the respect and co-operation they showed towards all the teachers and parents involved and for rising to the challenges over the two days. Lisa Gleeson – Music Parent
- Business Plan 2019 – 202129 August 2019 - 12:42 pm
- Schools Board Elections28 November 2022 - 3:29 pm
- Latest School News – 30 August 202230 August 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Schools Board – Annual Public Meeting (17 August 2022)1 August 2022 - 11:37 am
- Latest School News – 22 July 202222 July 2022 - 4:56 pm
- Latest School News – 24 June 202224 June 2022 - 6:00 pm